Author Topic: When do they start to wake at the same time each day?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
When do they start to wake at the same time each day?
« on: August 18, 2005, 22:16:41 pm »
My dd never wakes at the same time each day, and she doesn't just wake up bright eyed either.  She will fidget for sometimes close to an hour before finally waking up, or sometimes she will fidget for a shorter time.  Lately, it seems like 5:30am is her wakeup time.  And she seems sleepy but won't resettle and go back to sleep.  When did your babies start settling into regular wake up times.  And do they pop awake, or fidget like mine?  And I put her to bed at btw. 7 & 7:30pm.  Should I be keeping her awake longer to get her to sleep later in the morning?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
When do they start to wake at the same time each day?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 23:34:34 pm »
ds #1 pops awake & #2 fidgets... #2 is same age as your lo & 5.30 is often a "start to fidget time & somedays he fidgets on off for an hour or so others 10min & I can get him off to sleep again.
I was talking to someone about it yesterday & in my case as my lo sleeps 7.15- 3ish straight, then feeds, she suggested trying another feed (he is bf) as he may be thirsty rather than hungry & I'm going to try that. But she also said he may have completed his sleep needs by then & so to work on the awake time in the day... my lo is a great sleeper ( apart from that morning bit & so she said make sure I don't let him "over sleep" in the day... so I am limiting his day sleep to 5 hours to see if that helps
HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05