Author Topic: Now my baby only wants to feed sitting up...  (Read 1894 times)

Offline tooxlent

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://www.disalvio.com
Now my baby only wants to feed sitting up...
« on: August 19, 2005, 03:46:45 am »
Leia is 6.75 months.  It used to be great.  She lay in a pillow and ate off the breast.  She has been sitting up now for 2 months, and the bettter she has gotten at siting the more she has refused to BF laying down.  B-Feeding her sitting up has been extremely challenging for my girlfriend.

BTW, She has been sitting up in a high chiar eating on a regular basis for the last 2 weeks, as we begin the process of feeding solids.  She just plain likes to sit up.

Suggestions to BF in various positions?
Leia's dad

Angel baby
1/27/05

Offline Elmotastic

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:21:29 am »
Beth went through this process too, i'd sit her on the side of me, so she was facing towards my right/left (outwards), and lean her back slighty, if that makes sense.

Over mad positions were her lying on my belly to belly, trying to feed that way.

Now at 11 months she will only feed lying next to me on the bed, otherwise its a no go.

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 12:06:46 pm »
My friend's lo went through a stage like this too at around 7 months - it looked really awkward, bf'ing her dd sitting up (fortunately she was a short baby, so she was pretty much at nipple level when she was sitting up :? ).  It lasted a month or two, then her baby just started taking the breast lying down again - not all the time, but much more often.    My dh just put his two cents in and said that this probably shows that your lo is aware of her surroundings and curious about the world!  :roll:  I would suggest that you keep offering in different positions - is there any difference in feeding when your dd is a bit sleepy?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline tooxlent

• Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://www.disalvio.com
eating sitting up
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 17:49:04 pm »
Luckily, at night she still dream feeds laying down, and in the evening before bedtime, when she needs lovin. 

Daytime is sort of a chore for her to BF, but she is eating alot of solid food now, and we do suppliment with formula, which she is ok with.

Thanks for the ideas.
Leia's dad

Angel baby
1/27/05