Author Topic: should i wake in morning to start day on track?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline horseymum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
should i wake in morning to start day on track?
« on: August 19, 2005, 07:31:13 am »
My son is 4 months old and has just slept through 2 nights in a row! for the first time ever - he had only been getting to around 4-5 am. (from 1030pm feed till around 7) The first morning i had to wake him at 7.15 as i was full to bursting! (i know i could have expressed but thought he would wake soon any way)   THe next day he woke about 6 but played quietly then nodded off and woke again at 7.  Today he woke at 6 crying so i fed him - not that hungry tho.  He went back to sleep after playing in his cot for a bit and has only now wakened at 8.30.  My question is should I be waking him at around 7 if he has fed early or should i just let him sleep? I suppose i should not really feed him at 6 now i know he can sleep longer?

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:55:22 am »
As a mum of an early waker I am jealous!

I wouldn't be too eager to get him up at 6.  I would set a sort of latest start time of 7.30 or something like that and wake him if he's not up before then.  I only say this in case he is trying to shift his day and night round.  Just give him a rough structure of when the day starts.

In the meantime, make the most of it!
Jenny

Offline Leann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 15:00:03 pm »
I agree.  I would come up with a "late wake" time and let him go until then if he will.  When my son was really little I woke him most mornings because I was more "rigid" with the routine so that we could get enough daytime feedings in.  Now at 6 months I can afford to ease off and let him sleep more but I still won't let him sleep later than 8:00 (not that he ever does)!  He's usually up by 6:30 or 7:00.
Asher Walter, 21 Feb 2005
mostly textbook with a tiny bit of touchy

Offline Riverside6903

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 05:23:01 am »
can i ask what your baby's routine is?  Like what time is he in bed, when does he usually nap etc.
Try to empathize with how your children may see the world.