Author Topic: Waking Earlier in the a.m.  (Read 1620 times)

Offline annacharlot'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2005, 15:56:35 pm »
My 8 month old daughter has never been a great sleeper...wakes often in the night and naps are iffy!  I could at least usually count on her to sleep until 7:00 or 7:30 when we would get up and start the day.  (She goes down at around 7:30 p.m. and usually gets 2 - 3 hours of naps in the day.)  Suddenly, this week, she is starting to sleep a little better...yeah!    That's the good news...now, she wakes anywhere between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. to start the day.  Is it because she is sleeping better and is just more rested?  When she does wake this early though, she seems really tired.  Should I try pushing her bedtime a little later or earlier???  Is it developmental???  Or should we just get used to starting the day earlier!!I really appreciate any advice! 

Thanks!
Jill

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Waking Earlier in the a.m.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 16:57:18 pm »
My DD has gone through a couple of phases of early wakings I think it might be a developmental issue.
All I did was move her bed time to a little later and made sure we did lots of things in the day to tire her out!! :D

Offline annacharlot'smom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 19:38:33 pm »
Thanks for your response!  We will try keeping her up a little later!!! 

Thanks again!
Jill

Offline zelkad

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 12:40:15 pm »
Do you ever let her stay in her crib awake?  Maybe she thinks that her morning is starting if she is picked up too soon?  We've been letting our early rising boy stay in his crib from about 5:30 - 6:30 even if awake (when he fusses too much then I know we need to get him)

Just a thought

Offline annacharlot'smom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 14:56:07 pm »
Thanks for the response!  It's very odd...when Anna sleeps in until 7:00 or 7:30, she usually wakes up happy and can play in her crib for a while.  When she wakes up at 5:30 or 6:00, she seems to get to the "get me out of here" cry pretty quickly!  We usually do let her play for a bit if she's content.  This morning, she actually woke up at 6:15 and played for a bit...then I think she actually went back to sleep for a little bit, which is very unlike her.  Hopefully these early morning wake ups are just a phase.  As soon as we're through this one, I'm sure there will be another right around the corner!!!

Thanks again!

Jill

Gigismom

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 18:45:16 pm »
hi
my dd started with the early wakings around 6 or 7 months.  we tried to ride it out, but they kept getting earlier and earlier until it was 4:00 or 4:30 am!!!  so then we started keeping her up til 8 pm (1 hour later than usual).  that seemed to help a bit.  now she usually sleeps til around 6 although sometimes we still have a call at 5 am.