Author Topic: Problems digesting?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Problems digesting?
« on: August 19, 2005, 14:38:52 pm »
After introducing egg yolks for three days in a row without incident, we have been giving our lo an egg yolk every other day for the last 2 weeks or so.  He seems to be a bit on the constipated side (which he never has before) and is waking up during the night with lots of gas and we are unable to get him to settled back to sleep for 2 hours or so.  This seems to be happen every other night - but it is the not the evening that he has had his egg yolk, it is the next night.

So the question is, do you simply stop giving him the egg yolk or is there something you can do to help them digest it easier? ie. should I start giving him some pear juice or some prunes every morning to help get things moving and hopefully help him get rid of all the gas that it giving him so much trouble?
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
Problems digesting?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 15:34:16 pm »
I found that egg yolk cause constipation too.  I stopped giving eggs until he was old enough for giving him whole eggs such as scrambled eggs and he didn't have any difficulties. 

i am guessing that by his date of birth as 11/23/05 you actually mean 11/23/04 making him about 9 months old?

Alex

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Problems digesting?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 15:55:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply, and yes he is just about 9 months old.  I just fixed my profile - I so totally have "mommy brain"......
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
Problems digesting?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 21:47:55 pm »
:shock:  :shock: :D  :D  :D