Author Topic: I am SO FRUSTRATED!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline twoblacklabs

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 19, 2005, 15:21:03 pm »
Things were going great, and my DS was getting to sleep easily w/in 20 minutes for naps.  He is just over 7 weeks old and we've been doing the same routine for three weeks now.  He has needed a paci to soothe himself, otherwise he gets all worked up.  That has been okay, but all of a sudden he is constantly spitting it out and then crying to get it back, but he won't hold it in his mouth for more than 2 seconds.  It is driving me nuts constantly giving it back to him, and he takes FOREVER to finally get to sleep.  I was just in there for 45 minutes an finally had to have DH take over because I was ready to lose my mind.

Please help! What happened, and why all of a sudden is naptime so HARD???

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
I am SO FRUSTRATED!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 15:32:35 pm »
Hi

I would say a developmental thing is most likely.  He has learnt how to spit it out so he does.

You've two choices, persevere with the paci or wean him off.  There's a couple of good threads about that you could check out.
Jenny

Offline madelines mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 15:37:20 pm »
Hi,
I just weaned my 6 mth dd this week because she began waking sometimes 8-10 times in the night. I stayed awake and observed one night and found that she was dropping her paci and wanted it back so that she could go back to sleep. I took it away completely and by the third night she was fine and slept all night without waking at all. Good luck.