Author Topic: 4 month old- only drinks warm milk!  (Read 3573 times)

Offline alytex98

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 19, 2005, 16:14:12 pm »
My 4 month old (born April 12) Alexander drinks formula. He will only drink it warmed up. I try to give it to him at room temperature and he will have nothing of it. It's such a challenge if we are out and about at  church or park or somewhere where we need a microwave. Most car and travel warmers take 15 minutes to warm which takes a long time if he is crying because he is hungry. I try to have him eat every 3 hours but it many times ends up being 2 1/2 so if he is hungry sooner he cries until the bottle is made and warmed up. Is there anything I can do to get him to drink regular temperature milk? Please help me with any suggestions you have. 

Alyssa
sons- Aidan 2 years and Alex 4 months

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
4 month old- only drinks warm milk!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 21:33:11 pm »
can't help, but i totally get it.  my lo is doing the same thing.  am just introducing formula and for two weeks at room or body temp he would have none of it.  so i warmed it a little, and whatdya know?  straight down with big hearty gulps, and mmmming the whole time.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Judy

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 22:38:35 pm »
Not sure how to get him to take it cooler - maybe warm it up a little less for a while, then a little less again etc. etc.

But as for getting out now - why not put hot water in a thermos and take the formula powder in a seperate container - then mix it up when he needs it.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 22:51:38 pm »
my lo also only drinks it warmed - and most of the time wants the teat warmed too  :roll:

we do 1 of 3 things for outings
1. car warmer - if i know we will need the bottle within 1 hour of arriving I warm it on the way and then transfer to an insulated bottle holder that came with nappy bag
2. thermos idea - most often used, especially if i don't mind carrying it along with other gear
3. instead of "cooled" boiled water I put freshly boiled water in the bottle and put this in the insulated bottle holder.  i mix in the formula powder when needed.  it takes between 1-2 hours for the water to cool right down and if i need it earlier it is easier to quickly run it under the cold water tap (anywhere there is a bathroom) to cool it down to "warm". this opyion works great when you don't have the space/ability to drag a thermos along (ie - walks/hiking, only taking a carrier or stroller with small basket space...)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified