Author Topic: can you show me a sample "menu" for baby?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
can you show me a sample "menu" for baby?
« on: August 19, 2005, 16:45:31 pm »
hi everyone,

i'm about to start solids for my 4.5mo. i am SO confused about the whole thing. i'm trying to read up online about what to give, when, how much, what time, etc etc.

but i think i need it really spelled out for me. can anyone show me the "menu" and schedule they had for their baby from 4-6mo? i know to start with rice cereal and to wait for veggies until at least 5mo, but i have no idea what times you're supposed to feed, how much, how to work your way to 3 meals a day, etc.

thanks so much!
selena
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05

Offline a_astorga

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Giorgio Barone 02/01/05
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 17:52:30 pm »
Hi,
I started feeding my baby solids since about 5 months old. I started measuring what he ate with the bottle measurement in oz. So I started the first couple of weeks with 2-3 oz of solids and worked my way up to 4-5 oz. He seems happy with that. I also fed him every new thing for 3 days straight in case it upset his tummy. For example, if he ate apples for the first time I would give him apples for 3 days straight, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Until he tried everything and know I mix and match. I also gave him only pureed foods for about 1 month, then food with texture. So for example, you can steam apples or pears with a stick of cinnamon and then puree it, but later on you can grate the apples and just give it to him like that, same with any other food, like melon or mango. At first the only fruit I would steam were the pears and apples, everything else was raw. But I did start the first month with only pears, apples and rice cereal, then worked my way up to other fruits.

Here is my daily thing:

6:30-7:00    Wake up

7:00            5 oz breastmilk

7:30-8:00    breakfast
(mango, papaya, apples, pears, melon, watermelon, rice cereal with water)

Naptime

10:30-11:00  5 oz breastmilk

12:00            lunch
(first month started out with carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, then gave him the same pureed food with small pasta (the tiny pasta so I won't have to cut it up) or chicken (very well shredded or passed by the food processor briefly)

Naptime

3:00-3:30     5 oz milk plus cookie
(I gave him a cookie after like 2-3 weeks of solids)

5:00-5:30      Dinner (same as lunch)

6:30pm         5 oz milk

7:00              Bedtime

1:00              5 oz milk

Oh, and I aslo gave him water here and there with his luch or dinner or both, about 2 oz. Works great when he has the hiccups!

Offline micah'smom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.xanga.com/mrskohng
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 20:24:11 pm »
this helps so much! thanks for all the tips. and i thought breastfeeding was complicated!
selena, mom to micah 4/14/05