Author Topic: Baby will only nap in her cot  (Read 1131 times)

Offline ballistix

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Baby will only nap in her cot
« on: August 19, 2005, 17:13:03 pm »
Hi - hope you can help me out, this is my first post on this site, which I have found really useful since starting my DD (11+4 ) on EASY 4 weeks ago, with a little help from Dr Karp's Five S's. It's been going great... perhaps too great?  :? In Tracy's book she said that it's disrespectful to put a baby down to sleep in the middle of any old where, so all DD's naps and sleeps have been in her cot since we moved her into it 4 weeks ago. She was generally OK at falling asleep in her carseat or in my arms if we were out visiting, but recently this has become more difficult and now I can't get her to sleep anywhere except in her cot!!! This makes for a very grumpy baby when we go out, plus I am planning to visit my parents for a week and now am worried she'll be a nightmare to get to sleep in a "foreign environment"... any mums out there who've had a similar experience and advice on how to "untrain" baby to be more flexible, if that's possible?

Thanks

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
Baby will only nap in her cot
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 22:38:03 pm »
It's not just that your nap training has been so successful (hooray!), she's just getting to that age where it's harder to fall asleep anywhere.  If your staying over somewhere, take something that smells like home, i.e. a blanket she's used to sleeping with.  It may not be perfect, but it sure does help.