Author Topic: Day 2 of easy..a few questions...  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« on: August 19, 2005, 19:26:43 pm »
So, Day 2 is here...so far not too  bad. I do have some questions about night time as well as nap time. First of all..sleeping through the night...not happening and since it is day2 I dont expect it to. He went to sleep at 9:10 and woke up @ 3:20--ate 4 ounces ravenously, and back to sleep until 6:20..where I started EASY for day 2.....If he is this hungry @ 3:20--is this likely to change? Also, his naps are 40 minutes, and this last one was just 25 minutes....I am trying to put him back to sleep...but it doesnt work..how long should one keep trying?Sarah
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline kate585

• Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
Day 2 of easy..a few questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 19:37:18 pm »
Hi!  Good luck with the EASY plan...it WILL work!  How old is your baby?  That might affect some of the questions you're asking.  (Diclaimer:  I hope you've read the book, because I am not an expert!)  Are you doing pu/pd to extend the naps?  Don't talk to him/her and just pick up, calm down, them put back down.  Don't take the baby out of the crib to end the nap unless it has been about an hour and a half.  You might have to do it A LOT, but after you do it for awhile, it gets quicker and quicker.  Good luck!!!
Kate,

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 19:52:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply Kate..my baby is going to be 3 months on Tuesday. Thanks for the advice, and yes Ive read the book.Now, I put him down @ 2:45 and at 3:20 he was up. It is now 3:50, and I have just calmed him down and put him back in his crib. He was worked up again after I calmed him the second time...I went back in and calmed him again and he is now apparently sleeping. I guess this takes patience and perseverance for sure!!!! But I am sure he will be happier for it, as will I be!
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.