Author Topic: preemie question  (Read 1265 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
preemie question
« on: August 19, 2005, 20:02:54 pm »
I have a 35 wk preemie who is now 6 wks old.  Spent 12 days in the nicu for fast breathing and learning how to eat enough to not need the nasal tube.  Finishes a bottle and immediately starts acting tired, goes from one yawn to fussing to freaking out in minutes.   Then takes up to 30 min to fall asleep.  Since she is developmentally 1 wk old, is this usual behavior?  Just started pat/shush as she got used to rocking to sleep.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline momtomiya

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
preemie question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 20:52:25 pm »
We also had a 35 week premmie (she is now 8 months) and it seemed that all she did for the first month (corrected) was eat and sleep!  From what you wrote it seems that your lo needs to be put to bed right at the first yawn or else she takes a longer time to fall asleep.  I'm finding that my lo is doing this now. If we don't put her to bed at the first sign of fusiness she turns into  :evil:  child.  So we are constantly on the lookout for signs of tiredness and we quickly put her in her crib for nap time.  But I do remember that when she was little she slept and ate and had very very  little activity time.