Author Topic: I feel silly asking this but....  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mommycarrie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My boys!!
I feel silly asking this but....
« on: August 20, 2005, 01:21:10 am »
has anybody little ones had irregular naps today?  My DS (3.5 months) just got on a 4 hour routine 2 days ago and I am so happy.  He's sleeping an average 5- 5.5 hours during the day at 3 naptimes.......EXCEPT for today.  His 1st nap was 45min.  He took a 2nd and 3rd for 45min.  He's finally on a 4th nap but it's a long and tough one.  So in the time it takes to have roughly 5 hours of sleep, DS managed about 2.5 hours.

I was talking to my Mom today and told what was happening and she mentioned something to me.... :!: HERE'S WHERE IT GETS SILLY :!: .  She said that full moons affect boys. :shock:   Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing????

crazy, i know but still curious,
carrie

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 01:27:59 am »
I don't know about your moon theory, but yes, Isom had a terrible time w/ naps today as well.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 01:38:07 am »
I'm not sure about full moons, but I know windy days mean my 2 boys are all over the place with sleeping. Often there can be a reason you discover after the event.
Somedays I find you just end up with the short naps & 1 leads to another... I think even though you are on a 4 hour EASY, you may find somedays you need to have some 3.5 hours or even 3 in there & the 45 min naps are due to 4 hours being too long on that particular day.
I tend to jump between 3 /3.5/4 hour EASY with my lo (3mo this coming week) depending on his needs that day.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05