Author Topic: Baby bringing back small amounts of feed  (Read 1089 times)

Offline lizzie27

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Baby bringing back small amounts of feed
« on: August 20, 2005, 09:22:11 am »
I am feeding my baby 4 hourly and she is taking 5oz. For the past couple of weeks she has been sick (not after every feed) sometimes once or twice between feeds. This can happen 30 mins after feeding or near to her next feed. My GP has changed her to Soya milk to see if this helps but no change. Has anyone else experienced this? She is generally happy in herself, putting on weight well etc. Is it normal for babies to do this?

:?

Liz - mum to Evie 3 months

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 10:15:12 am »
I think it is called a "happy chucker" when they bring up feeds & aren't worried about it, sometimes it is due to over feeding, I know it was with my ds#1 & also can be due to a big air bubble (too big to burp up) caught in the stomach.
I wouldn't worry if your lo is happy gaining weight & gives you plenty of wet nappies... it's just the cleaning up is a pain!!
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline lizzie27

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 10:31:22 am »
:D Thanks. She is a very greedy baby and will take as much as she can! I have decided to feed her smaller amounts every 3 hours and see if this helps.

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
Hi Lizzie

My DD would do this every so often for no apparent reason. We'd think she was happy as larry and then all of a sudden we'd get practically a whole feed puked back on us in a fountain (which invariably went all over me or DH and our purple sofa...eek). As she was never distressed with it and it only happened every so often I wasn't too worried. It got to the point where I could read the signs that it was going to happen and would just hold her out over the floor when she puked (thank God for laminate flooring!) to save on the clean up effort!  :D

Let us know how you get on with the Soya milk.

love
Marie

Holly n Harvie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 22:10:15 pm »
My 3 mo old used to do this quit often and I was told that it was an air bubble too. So, I just got really dillagent at burping. Harvie isn't thrilled when I stop him every once in a while to burp him, but he hasn't had a big chuck in over a month!! I also went from feeding 4 hourly at 6oz to 3 hourly with 5oz and a 4oz dream feed. Harvie is doing MUCH better on this. However he has just started to not take the last oz during the day feeds and it is really frustrating.