Author Topic: Sleeping issues for 16 month old!  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: August 20, 2005, 10:56:20 am »
HELP!

My daughter never slept late in the morning.  She normally wakes around 6:30ish give or take 15 mins and that was ok with me.  She would nap about 2 hours each day.  Well now all of a sudden she went from napping 2 hours to napping about 1.5 hours (big difference when she wakes up so so so so cranky) and sleeping at night only 10 hours, sometimes less.....she is waking up so tired and by 8 a.m. she wants a nap!  Any advice at all how to lengthen her?  We moved about two weeks ago and she may be getting some more eye teeth (I don't think so though)....what can I do besides nothing???

Offline Daniel's Mama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Sleeping issues for 16 month old!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:05:19 am »
Its probably the move thats upset her

Is her new room lighter, darker, noiser or quieter than her old room?

Have you stuck to your same bed/nap time routines?

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 13:04:25 pm »
The room is the same.  It may be a bit darker if anything but it's the same quietness to it.  Furniture and all is the same.  She woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and talked/played and fell back asleep and woke up at 5:45...still not good in my eyes!  She woke up soo soo tired that she couldn't even stand up for awhile!  I tried to get her back to sleep but she wouldn't...so at 8:30 she was climbing the stairs to go back to bed and now at 9 we are putting her in for her first nap...looks like we regressed back to two naps :(