Author Topic: Nap question  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Elli

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Nap question
« on: August 20, 2005, 12:32:16 pm »
So many questions I have today...its probably a really stupid question but her goes...I have a 5 month old girl who rarely sleeps until the next feed but wakes up 30 mins at least beofre it.. should i get her up and play with her until the feed time, or try and get her to go back down to sleep for longre? her nap times vary wildly and she sleeps for between 15 mins and2 hours..also what is the latest people recommend letting your little one this age have a nap at before it starts to effect their bedtime?...I'm so confused about everything! I can't seem to get anything straight in my mind at the moment and it is really affecting the baby and we have lost any consitency and so are completely lost with the routines now!

lil'monkey

Nap question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 17:32:16 pm »
Hi there,

I would do one of the following depending on how she wakes up.

1.  If she woke up happy then I would just let her stay in the crib till feeding time.  If she gets fussy before then, then just take her out to play then feed. 

2.  If she woke up crying then I would try to get her back to sleep.  You can use any one of these methods:  pat/shhh, pu/pd, firm hand, whatever you usually do to help her back to sleep.  Just be consistent with the method you choose.  Tracy says to do this for the rest of naptime and then feed.  I usually only do this for about 10-15 min depending on how things progress. 

At this age, dd was taking 2 - 1.5hr naps and a 45 min catnap at 5 pm and 11 hrs of nighttime.  I'm a true believer in sleep begets sleep so I try to let dd sleep as much as she wants.  Our days are never exactly the same give or take 30 min but as long as dd is happy then i'm happy.