Author Topic: How did I get back to square one?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline madelines mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 20, 2005, 15:22:57 pm »
My 6 mth old dd began waking every hour a few weeks ago while teething.  I read both of Tracys books and began using her techniques this past Monday. By Wed and Thursday she began sleeping through the night. Then....last night, she slept until 2:30 and then woke every hour (sometimes half hour) until 8 this morning. What have I done wrong? I know that the book says that they will regress one night, but do they regress back to waking every hour for 5 hours or could there be something wrong? There were several times when she was inconsolible. Even when I picked her up (which I normally don't have to do, I can just pat/shush) she wouldn't calm down. Please help and let me know what this could be or is this normal?

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
How did I get back to square one?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 18:14:11 pm »
I would say, don't panic.  See what happens tonight.  I know when they regress it seems as though they have forgotten everything so its as bad as night one.  However, the key to the sleep training is consistency.  So whatever you do, don't change anything tonight.

There could be other explanations - more teeth, cold, tummy bug, just a bad day, a bad dream.  All of those will make themselves apparent in the next day or so apart from the bad dream which hopefully won't happen again tonight.

You haven't done anything wrong

Let us know how you go tonight.
Jenny