Author Topic: In need of advice - 34 weeks pregnant and belly sleeping.  (Read 1511 times)

Offline kurby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
In need of advice - 34 weeks pregnant and belly sleeping.
« on: August 21, 2005, 02:11:18 am »
I just can't stand it anymore - last night I got about a full hour of broken sleep. I called my midwife today because I and my mom is sooo concerned about this tingling and soreness in my arm - mostly my left but sometimes my right as well.

she's convinced that it really is pregnancy induced carpo and that there isn't much that can be done past what I’m doing now which is massage and ciro visits though she did suggest getting a wrist splint (which I did today) to help immobilize my hand from moving.

Now - here’s my question - I was looking for the pregnancy pillow that my ciro uses when she needs to adjust my back - its the one with the hole cut in the middle - I’m not on it very long at all at her office but I always feel sooooo comfortable on it because there is just enough room for my belly but its not hanging in mid air - it's just resting on the table.

I couldn't find the pillow but I do have a nursing pillow - when my husband and I came home I tried it out - putting a regular pillow under it and 2 pillows above it - I get the same effect - my belly just rests on the bed and my chest and hips are supported with the pillows.

Can I sleep like this???????

My mother in law said with all 3 of her kids she was a belly sleeper up until a few weeks before delivery. I’m so tired I’ll try just about anything as long as it doesn't hurt the baby. I didn't feel any pulling and she didn't seem to be squished by it. Would this be ok?

Offline Megan1969

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 10:03:41 am »
My baby lets me know when she's uncomfortable so i recon go for it.   It can't me much different from being on all fours for your baby and lots of books encourage this for reliefe of pressure etc.  might even encourage yours to get in the correct position.  Megan (37+5)
Mother to Zoe Alexandra born Sept 05 & twins Abbey & Daniel born March 07

Daniel's mummy

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 16:06:14 pm »
I was never able to sleep on my tummy when I was pregnant, but I do distinctly remember my midwife saying it was perfectly safe to do so.  She suggested propping yourself up with all the cushions and then sleeping like that.  Hope you do manage to get some sleep.