Author Topic: Habitual Waking or Growth Spurt?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Habitual Waking or Growth Spurt?
« on: August 27, 2005, 16:10:32 pm »
Hi Everyone -

My daughter is almost 13 weeks old and has slept through the night in the past.  She goes to bed at 8ish and has a df around 11-11:30 and recently has been waking around 4-4:30, taking a full feed (4-5 oz. sometimes 6), and going back to sleep.  She has done this on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, skipped Friday, and did it again this morning.  Tuesday we thought it was because she became unswaddled and was cold, and Tuesday dh slept through when he was to do the df so we weren't surprised she wanted to eat.  I am putting her on the 4 hour EASY now.  Does this seem like a growth spurt as it is around the 3 month growth spurt time AND she is taking a full feed?  Or is this habitual?

Thanks for any input or advice!!! :D

Offline SandyGal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 18:21:34 pm »
It would seem that she is hungry if she is taking a full feed. You might want to give it a little more time since you are adjusting her schedule a bit anyway to see how things settle out. Routines can get a bit wacky when they are in an adjustment period. Try to up her calories a bit during her feeds during the day.  :)
Sandy-Mom to Kyra (1-7-04) and Kylan (9-20-05)

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Habitual Waking or Growth Spurt?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 02:13:45 am »
Thanks!!! She slept  through again last night so I am keeping my fingers crossed that 4 AM will not turn into a habit!  Thanks again!