Author Topic: Are they all this noisy??? :)  (Read 1417 times)

Offline beans1030

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 21, 2005, 17:18:42 pm »
Just curious if anyone else's little ones are the noisy sleepers?  Our DD is three weeks old and is so loud -- she grunts, snorts and makes a ton of racket all night long!  It's actually adorable but we can see that it might become a problem b/c it actually wakes mom and dad up from deep sleeps!

Any one else tired because of this?  I honestly don't know how she doesn't wake herself (or the neighbors  :) ) up!

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Are they all this noisy??? :)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 17:58:24 pm »
totally normal.  this is what got our kids kicked out of our room & sleeping in the crib!!

your lo will grow out of it - just give it another month or so...  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline ~BeckyD~

• Showing Appreciation 67
  • Devon, England
noisy sleepers!!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 18:21:23 pm »
my ds is 7 weeks old and we have this problem too! advice i have been given is that it is nothing to worry about and all you can do is wait as aparently it wears off by around 4 months usually.  If you can't wait that long putting them into their own room works but we dont have this option so i have invested in ear plugs to sleep in.  it works wonders.  i no longer hear the grunts, but can still hear if he needs to wake me for a feed. :D

Offline Livingmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 01:44:36 am »
How funny--I posted almost the exact same question when my dd was 2 weeks old. She is now 12 weeks old and still makes noise, but it has gotten better. She started sleeping in her crib almost immediately when she came home because I couldn't stand the noise (in that "it is so adorable" kind of way  :lol: )

Good luck!
Judy
Mom to Zoey (DOB 5/31/05) and Zander (DOB 7/24/07)

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 02:52:55 am »
I hear it is totally normal.  Our ds stopped grunting and even screaming :o  after a few weeks but I was surprised to hear how much noise she still makes when she sleeps!  She has been sleeping in her own room since she was 5 weeks so we can't really hear her much, but last week we were on vacation and she was sleeping in our room, and boy is she still loud!  Now it's not so much grunting but just kind of quiet moaning and heavy breathing/sighing.  I didn't sleep a wink on our vacation! :roll:
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07