Author Topic: Night Wakings  (Read 1212 times)

Offline ashersmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Night Wakings
« on: August 21, 2005, 22:46:16 pm »
Help! My 13 week baby boy has slept like a dream up until these last 2 weeks. We brought him home from the hospital and he slept 3-4 hour increments all night long--only woke to eat and easily fell back asleep. Gradually he began sleeping 5-6 hour increments by about 1.5 months. About 2 weeks ago he began waking several times in the night...not seemingly hungry....so we'd give him his pacifier and he'd go back to sleep (his pacifier is definitely a prop, as he MUST have it to go to sleep!)...only to be awake an hour later---this goes on ALL night long! His dream feed is now an expected feed...he wakes for it. And he has a habitual feed at 4AM as well. He's on the 3 hour EASY. It seems that he's now not napping as well during the day too. I'm exhausted and my patience is thinning....could someone please help me come up with a plan???
Thanks!
Beth

Beth
Mom of Spirited Asher

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Night Wakings
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:34:32 am »
EEK! Sounds like he has hit on the 3 month growth spurt - one solution is to try and tank him up during the day and get more feeds into him during the day - introducing a cluster feed at bedtime and carrying on with the dreamfeed would all help. Is DS bottle or breast fed?

Dee
x

Offline ashersmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Night Wakings
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 21:50:23 pm »
Hi Dee---

He is breast-fed.  I've been trying to tank him up in the daytime...but I think he's pacifier-dependent and just a restless sleeper.  He is a spirited baby...

Thanks for your advice!

Beth

Beth
Mom of Spirited Asher