Author Topic: It's just not working  (Read 1062 times)

Offline frangipan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
It's just not working
« on: August 22, 2005, 10:38:09 am »
My 7 week old just won't conform to EASY.  SHe refuses to sleep at all in the day apart from in her pram or car seat or on one of us.
For the past week I have been ssh patting her- she is awake within 45 mins of me leaving the room (after half an hour) and refuses to go back down.  She has just crashed after being awake for 6 hours, she's exhausted, i'm exhausted and feel like I'm losing the plot.  i know it's affecting my breastmilk - it seems all but dried up and she isn't satisfied at the evening feeds but is so agitated she won't latch on and suck.  I'm at my wits end.  Please help :cry:
DD 6/7/05
Welsh Kiwi

Offline mommynow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 14:54:46 pm »
My DD is doing this during the day.  I am finally just going to go with it.  If she only sleeps 45 minutes I will get her up and start the next cycle of EASY.  I am sick of getting stressed out about it because she won't go back to sleep no matter what I do.  And I also think it is affecting my breastmilk and making things worse.  Your baby might be too young to go 3 hours so I say just go with it because the stress will not make it better anyway.  Maybe she will just have many shorter naps if you do the cycle more often.  In one book I read it said that the part of the brain that controls daytime sleep doesn't develop until 6 months so 45-1hour naps are normal right now.
Abigail born May 26, 2005

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
It's just not working
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 23:16:09 pm »
Have you talked to your doctor?  It sounds like my baby when she was that small.  She turned out to have severe silent reflux.  It can definitely wreak havoc on sleep and routines in general.  If that's what it is though, the proper medication makes a huge difference.  I tried all the suggestions in Tracy's book about reflux, but for my dd, medication was definitely necessary.
Phoebe