Author Topic: SHE POOPS (and wakes) AT 3am EVERY MORNING! HELP!  (Read 1346 times)

Offline I love my nuggets

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
SHE POOPS (and wakes) AT 3am EVERY MORNING! HELP!
« on: July 21, 2005, 05:11:01 am »
My 12 week girl gets fed at 5:30, 8, and a dreamfeed at 10, and sleeps till 3 or 4 each night till she starts violently thrashing in her crib, going to the bathroom.  it wakes her up each time.  i change her then (in the dark, not talking at all), but she is wide awake smiling at me. 

i nurse her at that time, in the dark, hoping she'll fall back asleep, but it never works.  she is ready to start her day at 3am.

on two occasions in her lifetime she did not poop at this hour, and she slept till 6. 

is there some way to push back her schedule?  or am i expecting too much and eventually she'll "normalize?"  is there anything i can do?
Mommy to 2 happy nuggets
Zach 9/18/03
Reagan 4/25/05

Offline webfoot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
SHE POOPS (and wakes) AT 3am EVERY MORNING! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 05:32:12 am »
Well I'd say where the poop goes you stand no chance, can't battle nature!  As for the "ready to go for her day." I think you employ pu/pd if you have the stamina and try to switch her round. If you don't have the stamina (and lord knows I never did at 3am) attack it from the other side. she has to be making up for that long sleep somewhere, don't let her have it!

Good luck!
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

Offline luv2savelives

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 14:50:20 pm »
There is one thing you could try that works for me. Once my dd started solids, she didn't go as often as before and if she went the whole day without a BM, she tended to wake at night with gas or tummyache. So I "encourage" a bm before bed if she hasn't had one by doing a rectal temperature to stimulate. I am a L&D nurse and it is a technique we employ often to help our uncomfortable, gassy babies. Just dip the tip in a bit of jelly and put it in and move it a little, wiggle just a tad until baby reflexively pushes out a poo. Hope it works for you.