Author Topic: Extending awake time?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 22, 2005, 13:09:52 pm »
Patrick (he's 2 mos) wakes every morning btwn 6:40- 7:15am. 
Is there a way to encourage him to sleep a little later in the morning (closer to 8am)?
Do I just do this by making his bedtime later?  Or do you think his awake time will stay the same at this age?

Also, how much "activity" time should he have at 2mos?  It seems like the time btwn awake and sleep has started to extend already...

Thanks!

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Extending awake time?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:23:39 am »
my lo is 9 weeks old. she awakes about the same time normally because she is hungry. I dont think moving his bedtime back will make any difference. Is he feeding during the night, if so, what time.  My lo feeds once a night about 2.30am-3am.

About activity times, I think there are no set times, my lo usually has about 45 mins activity time in the morning and afternoon, but before lunch she can only stay awake for 30 mins.

I am only going on my experience as I am a first time mum.

I hope this of help to you.

Corrina           :)
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline horseymum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Extending awake time?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 12:10:04 pm »
i think you are really lucky for your baby to be sleeping till that time! It is mad but once you have a baby it seems that you are willing to consider any time after 6am as morning (and the hour of 5 still night!) you could try leaving him in his cot after he wakes a few minutes longer each day to see if he can amuse himself for a while till your target 'start the day time'- my ds can sometimes manage from 6-7am just chatting away to himself as i often hear him being happy but i am able to nod back off for a while! This may only be possible if he has had a feed in the night so is not genuinely starving on waking.