Author Topic: couple of catnapping queries  (Read 1286 times)

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
couple of catnapping queries
« on: August 23, 2005, 03:39:01 am »
hi everyone
firstly, my lo has just turned 5mths and it would seem now he would rather play through his 5pm catnap than sleep it.  he's just had a growth spurt of some sort the week before last, suddenly more hair, fatter, big round face - and along with that more playful, active, more kicking, and is 'talking' more and louder.  i figure that change has something to do with the catnapping change.  did you notice this change at around this age too?

secondly, i have been reading a few posts about catnapping in strollers, carseats etc to differentiate from naps.  i felt like this gave me permission to pull him out of the crib when he is just talking up a storm in there and NOT sleeping.  so i have put him in his bouncer seat in the lounge with me and he falls asleep out there for 30-45mins (perfect) for the last 3 days.  that's not going to turn into a prop is it, seeing as the catnapping will only last another month or so?
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007

Offline Keren

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:42:38 am »
Susan

If he can go to sleep independantly for all his other naps I would not worry about it becoming a prop. I did lots (and lots) of afternoon car drives for that catnap and my lo was able to go to sleep quite well for the other naps. He will be dropping it in the coming months so enjoy that extra bit of respite  :lol: .

Cheers
Keren

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 09:48:47 am »
I can't see that this is a problem for the reasons already stated.

Also, it's great that he has the ability to sleep somewhere other than his crib - if you're at someone else's house, for instance, just take the bouncy seat with you, & he can still have his nap.

Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline me and bean

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 04:29:44 am »
thanks girls.

and caroline... that bouncy seat is a godsend for dinners out at friends.  he can bounce himself now, so has a go at that, talks to everyone, then falls asleep and we just transport him to another room.
Susan -
mum to michael, aka bean!  april 1st, 2005
and cope, october 15th, 2007