Author Topic: Should I worry?  (Read 1141 times)

Daniel's mummy

Should I worry?
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:10:14 am »
My ds is a big hungry baby :wink:   He is on 3 well established meals each day, but only takes about 14-16 oz of milk each day.  I do use quite a lot of milk in his meals so I guess he does get abit more that way, but I realize he's not getting the recommended amount for his age.

I know that just by looking at him most people would say he is quite obviously 'healthy'! (Weighs about 21lb)   :lol: Should I try to get more milk into him or just keep going as we are.  He is happy and LOVES his solids so I've been focussing more on that I guess.

Hazel

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Should I worry?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:38:38 am »
my only thoughts are 1) you count all milk used in his meals so add that up and see how many oz it is really and 2) are you giving him the solids first?  at this age you shoudl give him the milk first - i would say for at least 1-2 of the meals so that he does get the necessary milk. over the next month or so i woudl be switching to solids first.

if you are giving him milk first and he is just taking what he wants, then i woudl not worry - just keep using milk in his meals to supplement.
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline TraceyMohabir

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Should I worry?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 18:47:57 pm »
My health visitor said you can count yogurts as they give him calcium too.

My DS is also 6 months 3 weeks and probably gets about the same amount of milk.  Although some of his feeds are breast but when I give him a bottle he only takes 3oz. 

As your DS is a good weight I wouldn't worry.  My DS is only just 17lb (8lb 4oz when born)