Author Topic: Dreamfeed  (Read 1234 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Dreamfeed
« on: August 23, 2005, 15:30:20 pm »
I give my little one a bath at 5.45pm give her a feed at 6.15pm and she goes to sleep about 7ish.  The whole problem is that she will hardly take anything at 10.30pm.  She wakes up around 2.30am to 3am and is ravenous.  As soon as I feed her she is back asleep until about 6am. 

Should I try leaving her to wake up and feeding her? and seeing if she will go through the night until 6am.

ps she is 9 weeks old
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Dreamfeed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:42:20 am »
Hi

You could try leaving her a little later before you give the dreamfeed. Is she taking anything on the DF or is she just not interested? On the nights that my DD wasn't interested I would rouse her just enough to have the feed (still keeping the lights low and everything low key) but not enough so that she was properly awake.

HTH

love
Marie

Offline CW

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Dreamfeed
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 20:53:35 pm »
I never did a dreamfeed for my DS.  The bedtime bottle was 6pm, then the last bottle was close to 9pm or 9:30pm or whenever we were turning in for the night.  Then we would just let him wake on his own for the middle of the night feed.  He started to wake at 2am, then 3am, and so on.  By week 7, it was 5am.  We kept that 9pm feed for a while though, til maybe 14wks.  Then one day, we just thought, ok let him sleep and we'll see what happens.

Offline corrina01

• Norfolk, UK
Dreamfeed
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 07:02:37 am »
She takes about 2oz when she has a dreamfeed, I always change her nappy because it is soaked through and she wakes up, so she knows she is being fed, and she always go back to sleep straight away.  Last night my boyfriend fed her at 11pm.  She still woke up at the same time.  :?
Corrina
Mum to Faith

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Dreamfeed
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 07:15:43 am »
At nine weeks old it is still very normal to have a feed between the dream feed & morning & if she isn't waking up at exactly the same time each night she probably needs the feed... what is sometimes forgotten is it can be the thirst side of it, they may not be hungry, but if the weather is warm or you dress your baby quiet warm, then she may well be needing a feed to quench her thirst... I'd let it run a bit longer as it could well move later & later aver the next few weeks... my lo seemed stuck at around 2.30/3 & then suddenly moved closer to 5am.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline corrina01

• Norfolk, UK
Dreamfeed
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 11:15:45 am »
My bf gave her her df at 11pm last night, she woke at 2.45am and then I put her dummy in and she lasted till 4am so hopefully she can wait till 4am, but I will take some water to bed and see what she does.   :)
Corrina
Mum to Faith