Author Topic: another question  (Read 1380 times)

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
another question
« on: August 23, 2005, 16:05:11 pm »
Ok, so if I do decide to offer milk after meals do you still offer other liquids with the meal?  And also do I give the milk right after the meal or should I wait a while before offering the milk after she finishes?
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline MomV

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
another question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 17:10:25 pm »
Good question!  I need to get DS on more solids and was wondering about this myself....

Offline amheusser

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
another question
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 22:33:52 pm »
At 9 months, I do totally separate solid meals & breastfeedings.  We're down to 3 nursings a day, and 3 meals of solids.  The only ones close together are wake-up milk & solid breakfast (30 min apart), only because dd1 needs her breakfast at the same time.  Otherwise I keep meals about 2 hrs distant from breastfeedings.  I do give a sippy cup of (watery) juice with solid meals, sometimes she'll suck down the whole thing (and throw it  :roll: ), other times she doesn't even touch it.   If your lo takes formula, you might offer that with a meal, just for the extra nutrition.
Aubrey
-------------------------------

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
another question
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 23:56:03 pm »
I do the breastfeeding and solids separately.  I offer some water with meals though.  I prefer not to give her juice - it really has little nutritional value at this point compared with the other stuff (solids and milk) and I'd rather her get used to just water, plus I saw a study recently that suggested children who drink more than 1 glass of juice a day are more likely to become obese.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
another question
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 00:51:32 am »
I do do milk and solids separately now just the milk comes about an hour before solids but she still just does not seem too hungry for her solids so I thought about switching things around.  I just don't want the one after lunch to be too close to her afternoon nap as I am afraid she will fall asleep while breastfeeding.  Those of you that do do 3 breastfeeds when do you do them?  I was thinking the am, after lunch and at bedtime.  I guess if i give her water or water mixed with juice at her meals then I was wondering if that will keep her from drinking as much milk.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th