Author Topic: When should I change him to sleep into his nursery???  (Read 1371 times)

Offline bgayoso

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When should I change him to sleep into his nursery???
« on: August 23, 2005, 19:35:43 pm »
My lo will be 4 months next 3rd august, by this time he's still sleeping in our bedroom, as we've got plenty of space to have the cradle in it and as he still wakes at 4 am for a bf for me it's more comfortable to have it in our room until he stops this bf.
I've heard I should change him to his nursery by 4 months old so I'd like to hear your opinions about it.
Bego
Mum to Diego (3-5-2005)

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 20:02:37 pm »
Hello, what a cute little boy you have.  I was advised by Lindsey's ped to move her into her own room at 2 months before she gets so much more aware of her surroundings.  That is what I did and she adjusted fine.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 20:51:12 pm »
Hello,

My lo is 5 months, and he still sleeps in a crib next to our bed. It's easier for morning bf, and I feel safer knowing he's right there next to me. I plan to start transferring him into the nursery at 6 months (but I might drag this out, as I like him being there! :oops:  :) ).

HTH
Caroline
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline horseymum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 07:34:17 am »
you all must have very quiet sleepers! I could not believe quite how much noise a baby could make whilst asleep and only lasted 3 weeks with him in our room! I don't know how we'll cope on holiday!  Good luck when you decide to make the move.

Offline bgayoso

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 20:20:49 pm »
Hello

First of all thanks to all of you for the replies.

Lynee: Lindsey is also a pretty little girl and seems to be as cheerful as Diego. My ped didn't told me anything about moving him, I'll ask her next monday as we have the monthly check. By now I'm breastfeeding him in his nursery  just to get him used to it and we have walks on it also during the day to see all the new things he has there (specially lots of teddy bears)

Caroline: I think it's also much more easier for bf and I am a bit just like you about what you say of feeling safer knowing he's beside me, moreover I swaddle him during the night and I preffer to have him close to me until he sleeps without any help. And I also love to have him as closer to me as possible (now that daddy can't hear me I'll tell you when he goes to work, at 8 am, after the bf of 7 am, I love to put him to sleep with me in our bed until 9 or 10).  I think I'll delay the change at least until he can sleep unswaddled and during the all night long.

Horseymum: I might say my baby is, as you call it, a very quiet sleeper, or at least I only hear him when he begins to move waking for his bf. Good luck with your holiday

Bego
Mum to Diego (3/5/2005)
Bego
Mum to Diego (3-5-2005)