Author Topic: too much sleep?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 24, 2005, 12:12:12 pm »
My DD is 12 weeks old and is roughly on 3 hour EASY. My problem is that at 3 hours she is not hungry so today i tried to see how long she would go between feeds. I think she can easily go to 4 hour EASY but the problem is that she can only stay awake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes at a time, therefore she has approx. 3 hours nap each time.

Would this be too much sleep? On 3 hour EASY she will have a 2 hour nap each time but then I wake her for her next feed which she is not overly hungry for.

She wakes at 7am and i would like to keep her bedtime at 7pm as well - what should i do - stay on 3 hour or go to 4?

I have considered 3 1/2 hour but this seems way to hard to keep our 7pm bedtime.

Any suggestions?

Offline Missy Norment

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 19:43:52 pm »
I wish my son had your problem!!!!  All that sleep is a blessing.  Sorry, I don't have any advice since we have the opposite problem of naptimes only going for about 20-45 minutes.  But I think I remember in Tracy's book that she said don't let them sleep more than 3 hours which would extend beyond the next cycle.

Offline Alibobs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 91
too much sleep?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 08:16:49 am »
My dd did this. She absolutely refused to eat after three hours but could only stay awake an hour. I decided to do EASASY, but found that it difficult to fit in. So we decided just to see what happened. She quickly got into this routine:

E - 7
A
S - 8
A - 10
E - 11
A -
S - 12 etc

We found that feeding her seemed to give her extra energy and she couldstay awake for two hours if it had a feed in the middle.
At 5 months she's slowly stretching her awake time towards two hours.

Hope that makes sense!
Alison, mum to