Author Topic: Stuck in crib.. night wakings  (Read 1100 times)

Offline padawan2002

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 24, 2005, 13:35:02 pm »
Hello.
DS is 17 weeks old. He was finally becoming a great sleeper - 12 or 13 hours at night. Good naps - 2 to 2.5 hours during day. He is also able to fall asleep on his own - providing he has access to hisleft  thumb.

The problem we are having now is he is moving around alot and then is noisy as he gets stuck in his crib... sometimes cries because he is stuck. He gets stuck against the side bar and then he can't get his thumb so he goes on and on fussing and getting frustrated. I try to not go in but it keeps us up for long. I thought no harm in going in, i just shift him over to other side and he gets his thumb and goes back to sleep. But i'm afraid itsl becoming a habit. What should I do when he gets so mad and starts to cry a lot? Should I go in and shift him? He was up so much last night!

eleni

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Stuck in crib.. night wakings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 22:03:12 pm »
Is it the bottom part of the crib? You might want to consider taping or blocking it somehow. Maybe putting a light webbed material taped against it to block it a little. Be creative. I wouldn't block it completely or use a heavy material, because if your lo falls asleep against it, that's not exactly a good thing. But I would definately find a way to block it.

Just a thought :)

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Stuck in crib.. night wakings
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 23:02:25 pm »
i used a pillow at the top of the cot, then put a large bedsheet on top (for safety so he won't go underneath the pillow). and i used to roll large blankets and put near the side bar (again put large bedsheet on top).

it seemed to help a bit at that time.

HTH
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby