Author Topic: What worked-BESIDES PU/PD??  (Read 1231 times)

Offline luv2savelives

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: August 24, 2005, 15:01:38 pm »
Anyone have anything that worked for them besides pu/pd. My 8.5 mo dd will have none of it, screaming at the top of her lungs-which I can't allow as she wakes #1, and I absolutely do not have the patience for it. It would turn into pick up throw down. She goes to bed at 8, sleeps to between 4-5:30 depending on her mood and when she wakes, she will not go back to sleep unless I feed her. I know she doesn't need the calories, but it has been my quick fix. How do I stop this without pu/pd? I thought about a water bottle instead, but she just stays awake, chewing on the bottle nipple thinking it is a toy. I would love to do wake to sleep but she doesn't have a set time. It is mostly 5:30, but varies a little. Sometimes 4 or 4:30. Set my alarm one night to wake at 4:30 (one hour before her usual 5:30 wake) and wouldn't you know she woke at 4:20!! UGH! I am so tired. Fighting PPD and I think most of it is because of no sleep. The nights that dh gets up with her and I get to sleep through I am supermommy. I wish someone had an answer.

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
What worked-BESIDES PU/PD??
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 15:08:58 pm »
What does she do when she wakes up? Is she still laying down?

Adrian sometimes resonds to hand on his back, back rub or a slight bounce (he is a tummy sleeper).

For the bounce, put your hand on her back and the other over the diaper and bounce very gently. That calms him down sometimes. Just be careful not to overuse it to become a prop.
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007

Offline luv2savelives

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 18:19:57 pm »
she is usually kneeling at the end of her crib waiting for me to come in. if I try to lay her down to pat her, she screams b/c she wants picked up. it's a scream that i can't imagine she'd stop unless i pick her up. :?

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
What worked-BESIDES PU/PD??
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 18:52:10 pm »
I know, he did the same thing. It is heartbreaking seeing her in the corner of the crib looking out to be picked up and having to disappoint her.

I used to have to bounce Adrian in my arms to calm him. Plain picking up never worked for him. I called it "the dance". ;) After he reached 24lb, doing the dance wasn't fun anymore, but to my surprise he responded nicey to the in-crib bounce. Give it a try for a minute or so, you never know, she might like it.
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007

Offline SandyGal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 01:23:33 am »
Is she starting off the night by falling asleep independently? If so, how did you teach that?
Sandy-Mom to Kyra (1-7-04) and Kylan (9-20-05)