Author Topic: Changing nap times to fit activities  (Read 1170 times)

Offline cornflake girl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: August 24, 2005, 16:14:27 pm »
Hi - I'm really new to BW, so please forgive me if this is an obvious question...

I've read the first book, and noticed that TH plugged EASY as meaning you could plan your day without being completely constrained by the clock. She also mentioned at one point about being on a schedule meaning that you might not sign up for a baby class that was at the wrong time for your schedule - presumably meaning that on EASY you can do stuff at any time, and adjust to fit...

What I can't quite work out is how? If you're basically following your baby on nap times and lengths, doesn't that make it even harder to get to outside activities?

The obvious thing to me is that you eg shorten a nap time in the morning, maybe feed a bit early, go to the activity, and hope that baby makes up for it with extra sleep later - but is that counter to the spirit of BW?

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Changing nap times to fit activities
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 03:14:03 am »
I am not sure i understand your question, but i'll try.

Quote (selected)
presumably meaning that on EASY you can do stuff at any time, and adjust to fit...
  Well not really, I don't know how old your LO is so i'll use mine for example.  She wakes at 7 and has nap 1 from 10am-11 (or 11.30am).  Therefore i can't plan anything at that time.  But i can afterward or before.  If needed i could push everything forward eg: wake her at 6am so first nap was at 9am.  But that is about all the flexibility i would have.

Does that answer your question?  If not, let me know and i'll try again.

PS: Welcome to BW'ering :wink: