Author Topic: I really don't know what to do...at wits end  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
I really don't know what to do...at wits end
« on: August 24, 2005, 17:03:48 pm »
I tried posting my schedule from yesterday to get some ideas but no one responded.  I really don't know what to do.  We are dealing with 4-6 wake ups....and we are dealing with short naps.  She is waking up in the morning and from naps yawning, and overtired.  I tried putting her to bed early for two nights in a row now and both times she talked for an hour.  Do I go back to two naps and the later bedtime?  I really am clueless.  I don't know what could be up.

Theo'smom

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 17:25:52 pm »
Can you tell us a little more?

How old is she?

How many naps does she take?

How does she fall asleep?  Does she do it independently? 

Do you have a consistent bedtime routine?  Do you have a consistent daily routine?

How long have things been this way? 

Does she have her molars?  How about eye teeth? 

Have there been any big changes or dusruptions in her life lately?

If you can give us a little more to go on we'llcome up with some good suggestions for you.

:)  Help is on the way!

Leslie

Theo'smom

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 17:27:45 pm »
OK, I found your other post too, and it looks like you answered some of mine and then got asked some of the same things I asked you!

If you could answer either here or in the other post we will have everything in one place and it will be easier to get a plan down.

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 23:44:32 pm »
How old is she? 16 months

How many naps does she take? Just one

How does she fall asleep? Does she do it independently? Yes very independently.  She talks to herself for up to an hour before falling asleep (sometimes 10 mins but sometimes an hour)

Do you have a consistent bedtime routine? Do you have a consistent daily routine? Yes...bedtime routine is clean up living room, have milk and snack, bath (every other night), brush teeth, pajamas, read one book, sing two songs, and in crib. 

How long have things been this way? For about a month now (waking at 5:30)...

Does she have her molars? How about eye teeth? 4 molars, two eye teeth (they just cut through)

Have there been any big changes or dusruptions in her life lately? Yes we moved.  WE moved when she was one and she handled it great ...we moved again three weeks ago but she started waking early prior to moving. 

Thanks for your help!