Author Topic: 11 month old twins are terrible nappers - PLEASE help!  (Read 1137 times)

Offline annaandtwins

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 month old twins are terrible nappers - PLEASE help!
« on: August 25, 2005, 20:35:27 pm »
Hi All - I need help! I have 11 month old twin boys and am so exhausted b/c their naps are just aweful. My boys sleep Ok through the night, although on days that their naps are extra bad, they will wake up at 4 am and refuse to go back to sleep. I realize that the napping problem may be due to overtiredness, but I just don't know what to do about it. Some of you sound like you have beat this 45 minute problem - if you have time to look at my sample day and comment o it, I would love it!

6:15ish - wake up
6:30-7 - breakfast (cereal)
9:30- nap
10:15 - wake up from nap
10:30 - bottle
12:15 - lunch
2 - nap
2:45 - wake up from nap
3 - bottle
5:30 dinner
7-bath
7:15 bottle
7:30 - bed. Usually cry 15 minutes before falling asleep.

We used to have a 3rd catnap but I've noticed that if they sleep past 4 pm they just will not go down for the night at 7:30. So, since they usually wake up from their 2nd nap around 2:45, there is really no time for a 3rd catnap.

Occasinally, one of them will take a 1.5 hr nap, and the change in their mood is amazing. So it makes me very sad that they are often as tired and grouchy as they are. The fact that I am so exhausted doesn;t help either. Please help!

Anna

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
11 month old twins are terrible nappers - PLEASE help!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 03:37:35 am »
Okay.. I'm going to have to sit on this one tonight, and get back to you tomorrow morning..hold tight!
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004