Author Topic: It's already Day 5 implementing EASY and help!!!  (Read 1158 times)

Offline litopotato

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
It's already Day 5 implementing EASY and help!!!
« on: August 25, 2005, 22:22:38 pm »
Hi, everyone
I have been reading the boards for a while but am posting for the first time. I have bought the BW's "Solve all your problem" book and tried to put my ds on EASY. He is now 4.5 months old (birth weight 6lbs, he weights 15 lbs now,breastfeeding exclusively)and he was sleeping 6-7 hours stretch since 2 months. He learnt to suck his fingers at 2 months and is able to go to sleep independently then. BUT he started waking every hour after 2am few days before he turns 3 months, he do not take food every time he wakes. I waited and waited, hoping it was the heat, growth sprut, teething(by the way, it was not teething)  :roll: and he will go back to his old schedule. Well, he did not :( . I want to implement EASY now, it has been 4.5 days now, I am just not seeing any improvement.

Food:I use to feed him on demand and his eating schedule is erratic too, sometime he is hungry every hour and sometime he can without eating for up to 6 hours(I try to feed him and he would not take the boobs), even during daytime! For the past 4 days, I fed him every 3.5 hours, 7,1030,1400,1700 & 1930 and df at 2300, he seems ok with it. Today, however, he wants to eat every hour again, he fed 5-10 minutes each time and only take one breast. Could this be a growth sprut again? at 4.5 months?

Sleeping:He still wake at night 2 -3 times, want food sometimes and want to play some other times.His naps are ranging from 30mins to 2 hours(only 1 time), he always wakes up and scratch his face as if he is still sleepy but if you talk to him, he smiles and he can stay awake for at least an hour after a nap.  I use PU/PD and ShhPat to put him down when he don't want food but that usually take 20-30 mins and then I pat him for another half hour, the second I stopped patting, he wakes up, if I am lucky, he wakes 20 minutes later after I stopped. What should I do? Does this sound right? It really going to get better? I felt like I have been sitting by his crib all day and all night long. :?  :cry:  ANY ADVICE is welcomed!

Chris
Ethan, 4 months 3 weeks

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
It's already Day 5 implementing EASY and help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 01:00:54 am »
Hello and welcome!!....not quite sure on the feeding part.  When he takes full feeds how long is it usually (I bottlefeed) ?  I was thinking that maybe he has become somewhat of a snacker?  When he seems hungry before 3 hrs, I would really to do what you can to push it to 3-4 hrs....pacifer, special toys/activities etc.

As far as the night wakings....do you go in right away or give him time to resettle?

:D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom