Author Topic: Bedtime Problems  (Read 1069 times)

Offline MommyofAlexis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://alexis.bchotrods.ca
Bedtime Problems
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:35:02 am »
Hi All,

I havent been on for quite some time.  Alexis has been doing very well up to about 2 weeks ago.  We are now fighting to get her to bed.  Of course she is at that age where she is fighting everything but at night is can take up to 90 minutes for her to go to bed.  Sometimes it is just tossing and turning and talking until she goes to sleep but sometimes like tonight she can get quite upset and we have to go up and calm her before she goes to bed.  My DH puts her to bed right now, "daddy girl" phase.  He is having to go up sometimes every night to get her to sleep.  I know this is starting to become a habit and I am not sure what to do.

We are putting her to bed at 7:30pm right now but usually wont be asleep until almost 9pm.

Her typical day is:

6:30amish - wake up - bottle and breakfast
7:30 or 8:30am - daycare (depending on dh's work schedule
1:00pmish - nap until 2:30pm
5:30pm - dinner
6:30pm - bath
7:00 pm - bedtime routine with bottle
7:30pm - bed

I really dont want to put her down later because she gets up early and usually she sleeps about 10-11 hours.  She has always had less sleep than the norm so the sleep time is not too off.

Suggestions???
Dale
Mom to Alexis 02/15/04

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Bedtime Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 11:12:33 am »
Hi Dale,

What is her bedtime/windown routine look like?  What are you doing now to get her to sleep?  What happens when you go in to her?  Any new teeth coming in?  Any changes around the house?

I agree that you shouldn't put her down any later.  It sounds like she is just testing and maybe fighting bedtime, in which case you'll just have to remain firm and consistent.

Post back with the details, and we'll try to help!

Carrie
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline MommyofAlexis

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://alexis.bchotrods.ca
Responded in another topic
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 23:33:59 pm »
We are again having trouble getting Alexis to sleep at night as well as staying asleep at night.  She is waking up at 2-3am and sometimes stays awake until 5 am then finally goes back to sleep.

We still have the same routine
6am-7am wake
12:30pm-1pm nap for about 1 - 2 hours.
7:30pm bed

We have about 15 minutes in wind down time.  She never really had much of that.  She is isnt sick,  no sep anx.  We think maybe teething.  Can they get more teeth at this age. I thought she was done.
Dale
Mom to Alexis 02/15/04