Author Topic: How do I get started??  (Read 1137 times)

Offline tncmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 26, 2005, 06:14:00 am »
OK I just finished the book and I have realized that we have quite a few issues right now.  My LO will not go to sleep unless we rock her or she is "rocked" in the swing.  She will not nap anywhere for longer than 30 min.  She sleeps on her tummy.  When we rock her to sleep at night she is able to sleep from around 11 pm until 7 am.   I hear her stirring in the night but she doesn't wake up or even cry out.  I have been doing EASY (although the Y is questionable since it is so short) for the last few days and her eating issues have improved.  I am just wondering if sleeping on her tummy is going to complicate this whole thing.  I did try to swaddle her when she first came home but she was miserable.  My son LOVED the miracle blanket and did just great from day 1 (which was actually 8 weeks).  He wasn't a great napper either until we got it.  I am also wondering how to "extend" a nap.  I tried today and she was not having any of it so I ended up picking her up and rocking her which resulted in another hour nap on my chest.  I am really frustrated because I just feel so overwhelmed and tired.  Between having a 2.5 month old that won't nap during the day and a 20 month old that is just all over the place, I am just exhausted but still really keyed up at night so I am having a serious bout of insomnia!  Sorry this is so long.  I am hoping for some suggestions that will help.
Thanks

Offline tncmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 06:17:56 am »
I also wanted to add that she seems to give me sleep signals within an hour of when she starts to eat.  I know that she should stay up longer but she just gets really cranky if we don't start to rock right away.  I am also having issues because I think that my toddler is contributing to her overstimulation which results in her being overtired.