Author Topic: Question on awake time between naps  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« on: August 26, 2005, 18:45:07 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering how long my 6-month old should be awake between her first and second nap. I've been trying to put her down after 2 hours, but she keeps fighting me on the afternoon nap. Today, it's been 3 hours between naps, and she still fought me. And yesterday, it was 4 hours between, and yes, she still fought me on it. And it only ended up being 40 minutes long. She's pretty consistent with sleeping about 1.5 hours in the morning, but the afternoon naps have been a battle every time. Any advice?

Thanks!
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 02:12:19 am »
Not sure if I have an answer to your question, but I did want to say, what a pretty girl. She looks absolutely adorable in that picture.

As far as naps, when my lo was that age, she had two hours between all of her naps, and yes she only slept for 45 minutes. I am still working on extending her awake time, and hoping she gets better at nappinng, but its an ongoing struggle for me right now, since we are battling surgery, and now, high fever. So, I take one step forward and two back.

Sorry, sort of just whined here. I'm sure someone else will give you a response you can work with.

Good luck !!
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 14:32:35 pm »
Thank you for your reply, and your compliments on my pretty baby  :) . (Your baby's a cutie too.) I think part of my daughter's napping problem is because she's such a spirited baby. She's very alert and wants to look at/touch everything. Once she starts crawling, I better look out!  :lol:

Thanks again...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

lil'monkey

Question on awake time between naps
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 16:53:25 pm »
Have you tried getting her into the mood for sleep just by quietly playing in her room with the lights low?  Whenever I needed to determine dd's new awake time, I let her quietly play in the room with soft music and when she starts to really shows me the signs, I quickly start the wind down (shortened to 1 min).   I would do this for several days until i know when the optimal time to put her to bed.  HTH

BTW at 6mos, dd stay awake for 2.5 hrs between naps.