Author Topic: Day two of three to four hour easy not interested in feeding  (Read 2156 times)

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Day two of three to four hour easy not interested in feeding
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:46:39 am »
Hi i am on day two of the 3 to 4 hour easy switch , i am following the guide on page 229/230 of tracys book and up to now it is going ok except ds doesnt seem interseted in his bottles, he is only having five ounces instead of his usual 7 ounces.  First thing this morning at his 7.10am feed i thought he would have been really hungry but he only had five ounces and then again at 10.10am feed (3 hours later)only 5 ounces which took an hour!! Do you think this proves he is definately ready for four hour easy??? has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be great xx

ds is twelve weeks today and is approx 141bs little fatty!!
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline heather10

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 15:44:42 pm »
Well I would think that it would be the opposite and someone correct me since I am 1 month away from starting this, but if you are feeding him at the 4 hour mark and he is not taking as much, this only shows he is ready for it - no?? Otherwise you would think he would be famished and downing more, showing you he really needs to eat more often, but here, despite going longer, he is not taking any more than usual, and actually less.

I hope someone has some better advice, this was just the first thing that came to mind.
Baby boy - Adam Sean - born June 6, 2005

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 17:10:04 pm »
Hi  Heather im not feeding him on four hour easy yet, im still on three hour easy, im slowly working towards four hour i should be there in about 12-15 days if the plan in the book works!!xx

Offline heather10

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 18:42:19 pm »
Sounds like our DS's are the same age!  How did you know to transition to the 4 hour yet?  I was just posting that question.
Baby boy - Adam Sean - born June 6, 2005

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 20:17:43 pm »
Kelly - Hey - it's me again....I am right there with you in terms of being frustrated with how little Lucy is eating.  By mistake there was a 4 hour gap between feeds today and she still only took 4 ounces (usually takes 4-5 but you would think that since it was a longer gap she would be hungrier).  I am doing the transition listed for days 4-7 because the first transition was the schedule Lucy was already on.  Anyway, I am worried that she will not sleep tonight as she is not eating very much during the day.  Also, with increasing her activity time it is really hard to get her down for naps and have her stay sleeping.  I have stayed in her nursery the whole time for every nap and it is no fun whatsoever.  Having a bit of a crappy day and feeling a bit hopeless.  Things were so much easier before!!!!  Does your little one fall asleep independently?  I feel I am the only one on this site whose baby is still not falling asleep on their own.  I have had some small victories in that area but I am far away from being able to put her in her crib awake and walking away.  Do you use pu.pd?

Heather  - We knew to start transitioning to the 4 hour easy because our babies were not interested in eating every 3 hours and at least in my case her naps were getting shorter.  In the second book around page 230 it describes how you would know to switch your baby to the 4 hour easy.  Unfortunately, this need to switch to the 4 hour easy typically coincides with the 3 month growth spurt so it is quite a mess.

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 21:36:55 pm »
Hi Heather i knew  to do it as ds was having short naps and also didnt seem interested in feeding after three hours and as he is 12 weeks today i thought as it takes a few weeks to get them on the four hour routine  i may as well start now and he will hopefully be on 4 hour easy by the time he is 16 weeks. Also the reason he was having short naps was because i was only keeping him awke 45mins-hour and someone told me(LUCYS MUM I THINK) to try keep him awake a little longer. Up to now it has worked, he has slept for 1.5 hours each nap instead of 45 mins.xx

Hi Lucys mom, yes my ds sleeps independently, (WITH DUMMY MOST SLEEPS )my first ds didnt sleep until he was four so i was determined this time and thankfully i read the baby whisperer from cover to cover before i had him. Occasionly i have to pat him back to sleep and i struggle with day timenaps but since keeping him awake for an hour and half he has been sleeping lots better. I havent tried pupd yet as maybe he still to little to handle it but will when he is older. Have you tried just holding Lucy in your arms in a darkened room, swaddled and just letting her relax in your arms for five mins before actually putting her down, i found this has really helped as his eyes are just starting to shut as i put him down.  I also dread tonight as ds has only had 26 ounces instead of normal 34-35. Im sure you can get some good advice regarding lucys naps. xxGood luck for tonightx

Offline shem2005

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 23:26:44 pm »
My DD is roughly 12 weeks as well and we have been moving her to 4 hour EASY, the main reason was she was not interested in her food at all. We were feeding her 3 hourly and she was fighting the bottle all the time and maybe only taking 60 mls.

We haven't really gradually moved her over because she can easily go 4 hours between. The only exception is sometimes late in the afternoon we sometimes have to give her a feed at about 3 1/2 hours.

My DD, likes your Kellyhushhh will only stay awake for a short time - 45 minutes to 1 hour. She gets really cranky at 1 hour! Did you gradually work at getting her to 1 1/2 hours or did you just do it straight away? I would have thought by now that she would be able to stay awake for longer. What do you do to keep her awake?

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 07:59:45 am »
Hi Shem2005,

Yes i just kept him awake for an hour and a half instead of the usual 45min- 1hr. I am following the plan on page 230 of tracys book.
He handled the first three days fine and his naps improved, he slept for an hour and a half for three sleeps!! plus his catnap, i couldnt beleive it.

To keep him amused i just let him play under his playmat for 15-20mins then just sit him in his chair and he watches me on the internet talking to you guys!!  :roll:

My biggest ordeal is the next 3 days as i am now trying to keep him awake an extra 15 mins so 13/4 hrs instaed of 11/2. :roll:

You are lucky you could just put your dd straight onto 4 hours.  I think as long as we dont overstimulate them too much they should be able to stay awake up to 2 hrs at this age. If your dd starts getting cranky at the 1hr mark i would just let her sit in her chair and let her watch you or stare at her hands and go crosseyed like my ds does! xx :lol:

Holly n Harvie

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 09:38:01 am »
You guys are so funny!!! Kelly, your ds sounds just like my ds. He he he. Harvie is on the 3 hourly routine as that is what Tracy suggests for a 3 mo old. (Harvie is 15 weeks today) I did have him on a 4 hourly and took him off as I thought I was doing it wrong. NOW... he is pushing his bottle out of his mouth 1/2 way through his feed. I feed him aprox 6 oz each feed and 4.5 for the DF. Now, I DO know that he is teething as I can SEE the little white nubbins on his bottom gums.... poor prince!!! I just put him down when he starts yawning and rubbing his eyes. This is usually a GOOD indication that Harv has had ENOUGH stimulation for one session. I also got him a Jolly Jumper and he LOVES it (but it also totally tires him out!!)
Should I be putting him on 4 hourly and more food?!?!?!?! I am confused....  :cry: ug.

P.S. Harvie does the crossed eyed thing too.

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:47 am »
Hi, little tinkers arent they. Ds has just had his 10.15am feed but has only had 4 ounces!! its driving me nuts as he usually has 6 or 7! He is definately ready to go four hours but i am just going to do it very gradually over the next few weeks.

Poor harvie teething, little man! :(

I would defiantely startyour ds  on the four hour routine as he is 15 weeks so should be able to handle it and the fact he is pushing his bottle away says hes obviuosly not interested.

xx

Holly n Harvie

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 11:10:25 am »
mmmmmmmmm will do... Starting tomorrow... wish me luck...  :?

How frustrating when they don't finnish the formula. Like its cheap! ! ! !  :evil:  Anywho... Sometimes I change his nappy during the feed and re-heat the bottle and he will take the last bit. Its like he forgets that he didn't want it and I trick him into wanting it again... he he he  :twisted: