Author Topic: When is this going to end?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline franniesmith78

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When is this going to end?
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:38:50 pm »
My babe is almost 6 months old and for about the last week she has been waking up 3-4 times a night.  I was told it was probably a growth spurt, but good grief how much can one child eat.  She nurses at 7:30, 11:00, 3:00, 5:30 and then 7:30 before bed and a DF at about 11:00.  She also eats at least one container of baby food about 2.5 oz.  Yesterday I gave her two and she still woke up 3 times last night.  She has been have a good deal of gas because of the solids, so I have given her gas medicine.

I feed her when she woke up at 2:00 am and when she woke up at 5:30 am.  Does she really need to wat that much?  Do I need to just force the sleep and let her cry. The problem is I can't do the pu/pd because the minute I pick her up she thinks she is going to get fed and then cries harder when she isn't. So, I do the shh/pat which works well to a point. Please help OR just tell me to hang in there and she will grow out of it. 

Thank you much
Frances

Offline SandyGal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 18:15:50 pm »
How does dd fall asleep at night... what is her bed time routine?

How does she wake up? Is it an all out cry or does she just whimper? How quickly are you responding? Do you give her a few minutes to settle before going in to her?

If this is a hunger thing, it should work it self out in a week or so. Try increasing her calories during the day. What type of babyfood do you give her? Is she eating infant cereal? I gradually increased my dd solids during the day until she was having cereal three times a day and then I began veggies after she had tolerated different types of cereal (rice, then oatmeal, then barley). If she is having tummy problems due to the solids, I wouldn't expect that to wake her up mulitiple times at night, only early into her sleeping. Also, you should see that discomfort during the day as well.
Sandy-Mom to Kyra (1-7-04) and Kylan (9-20-05)