Author Topic: Bedtime advice  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: August 27, 2005, 13:49:28 pm »
Hi everyone. Hope someone can help with this tiny issue. My 12 week dd is a little angel and she sleeps like an angel too. Lately she sleeps 1.45 or 2 hour naps and she is in a 4 hour easy, so she sleeps at 8:30 in the morning and then at 12:30 afternoon and then at 4:30 pm. I bath her at 6:30 and feed her at 7:00. For tha past weeks she fell asleep at 8:00 until 6:30 am. with a df at 11. But now it is impossible to get her to sleep at 8 pm. I am trying pu/pd but she really cries as if sth. is hurting and the minute I pick her up she is calm and starts to smile as if she wanted to play. Its been like this for 4 nights and I now know that nothing is hurting her... should I reduce her nap times or should I continue pu/pd, I really want her to get used to bedtime at 8. Hope someone can give me an advice...

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Bedtime advice
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 15:50:19 pm »
Hi Daniela - Sorry to hear you are having trouble with bedtime.  Hopefully things will get better for both of us during week 13!

I just wanted to suggest that you post your whole schedule for others to review.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe she needs more awake time before bedtime?  When you pm'ed me your schedule I think you wrote that Ximena has a 2 hour nap that ends at 6:30.  Maybe shorten that nap by a bit and see what happens????  As you know, I am no expert and am just learning myself.  Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will reply!   :D How are things going with her eating?  You mentioned that she was not eating well yesterday.  Has that cleared up?

Take care of yourself!

Offline lamcg

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 03:46:32 am »
Hi there--

I am the one who wrote "Bedtime woes" a few days ago and I was looking at other e-mails to see what people are saying about bedtimes. A neighbor told me that her two kids, who are now school-aged, had what she called "Sundown Syndrome"-- not the syndrome well known in the Alzheimer's literature, but a pattern of difficulty going to bed somewhat like what you are mentioning and like what we are experiencing here. Apparently, these little ones just don't want their days to end. I have been wondering whether our little guy will go to bed earlier as the days get shorter and the sun goes down earlier? Our neighbor suggested shorter naps, like the last mommy suggested above. However, this hasn't worked for us today-- he slept only three hours total instead of 5 today. I'm eager to hear what others may have to say. Has anyone ever heard of "Sundown Syndrome"? I could find nothing on it on the web.

Someone mentioned that your daughter napped until 6:30 pm. Our son napped until 5:30 tonight and until 5 pm last night, and was upset and then smiling like your's when we tried to put him down for the previously scheduled bedtime of 7/7:30 pm, and then still wasn't showing any sleepy signs and seemed completely happy until 9:30 last night. What have you been doing in the long run after PU/PD, etc.? Does she eventually fall asleep? We hate battling our little guy and don't want to end our days with lots of crying and upset on everyone's part. He's so delightful for the rest of the day.

I'll be watching to see what others have to say-- our situations sound similar.

Lauren