Author Topic: evening paddys  (Read 913 times)

abi smith

evening paddys
« on: August 28, 2005, 19:46:56 pm »
my little boy james is 8 weeks old and we have been doing the E.A.S.Y. method on him for a few weeks now and has worked brilliantly most of the time. james is now sleeping through the night most of the time and self soothes brilliantly duing the day.
our problem comes at bed time around 6:15 when, after a short nap around 45 - 60 mins, james has a bath and a massage and then a feed and following a good burp, is ready for bed around 7pm, then our problems really start and james cries inconsolably for 30-60 mins. finally he calms, using the sh pat method which i had been doing through out the crying, and i can put him down and if he is awake he will then self sooth.
would really appreciate any ideas as to what might be wrong and if i can help.

Offline horseymum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
evening paddys
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 18:48:34 pm »
maybe try reworking your scehdule a little to allow him to go down a little earlier, it worked for me - sometimes our son of 4.5 months is in bed by 6.15 if he has had a busy day. also the more naps he has during the day, the better he sleeps at night- we have almost cut out the awful bedtime screaming now and i think it is related to better naps and an earlier bedtime