Author Topic: waking up to play?! HELP!!!  (Read 1611 times)

Offline elenaskippy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
waking up to play?! HELP!!!
« on: September 03, 2005, 20:35:02 pm »
my daughter is 13 month old,she's been a good sleeper up untill 2 month ago. she started to wake up at night in the mood to play and crawl.sometimes it lasts for 1.5 hours... i've tried many things to put her down to sleep,but nothing worked so far. i'm the one who can calm her down,my husband doesnt even get close to her,she starts screeming and crying. her scedualle is : up at 7am,nap at 11.30-1.30 and i normally put her to bed about 7-7.30pm,after giving her a bottle. she eats well during a day,3 fool meals,2 tea-times. i dont know what is wrong and how can i fix it. i'm getting really tired,its not right at all...
please,someone,who has or had same troubles,help!!!!
Leyla's mom

Offline cliffrose

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 20:43:28 pm »
mine too- he's almost 5 months old- and just learned how to turn on his mobile...

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 20:48:52 pm »
When she wakes up to play, what kinds of noises does she make?  Is she actually crying?  If she is not crying, leave her be.  It is normal for babies to have wakeful periods during the night.  If she is not crying like she  needs something and you go to her you are actually reinforcing the night-time activity.  HTH.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline elenaskippy

• Showing Appreciation 0
waking to play
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 21:15:07 pm »
when leyla is up at nite,she does cry if i leave her standing in the cot,if i try to put her down.but most of time i do pick her up and leave her next to me,this way she's up and playfull,she crawls,stands up,chatting,making noises,sucks her thumb,lays next to me or on top of me.i try to ignore it,and lay her flat every minute to show her that its a sleep time,but usually we straggle for about 1 hour more or less.it happens every nite.dont think she's hungry,or thirsty.maybe teething,but i do give her calpol sometime for the nite.what else can i do??? :?:
Leyla's mom

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 21:30:17 pm »
Ok, then if it were me and Lindsey was doing this.  I would go to her, make sure she was not sick or feverish, maybe offer her water, make sure she is not poopy, and tell her it is time to sleep and leave the room.  I am serious about the activity/attention you give them at night really does reinforce the behavior.  She probably will cry when you leave but I would let her fuss at least 5 min then check her, again tell her it is time to sleep and leave,  Repeat checking if needed every 5-10 min if she is screaming at the top of her lungs until she goes to sleep.  You can lay her down in the crib once or twice but if you keep putting her down she will keep standing so you will put her down.  HTH.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Emma's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 13:06:57 pm »
I'm going through a similar phase with my 8 month old dd. She has got used to me going into her room and staying with her while she plays in her cot! I've had to reinstigate my 10 minute rule where I go in and check her then leave her for 10 minutes before going in to settle her again. Each time I reassure her with my voice and a hand on her back. If she is really upset I pick her up and hold her until she stops crying. I then pop her back down and leave the room. I don't usually have to do this more than 3 times before she falls asleep by herself.