Author Topic: New and need help with naps...  (Read 1165 times)

Offline jlacey

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 29, 2005, 15:15:29 pm »
My baby was born May 17th...she is almost 3 months 2 weeks old.

She sleeps in a bassinet next to my bed at the moment but is getting way too big for it...
Most naps to date have taken place on my bed with me lying next to her...or in the afternoons in the car or stroller.
She goes to sleep fairly easily in the early morning for a nap but it gets worse as the day goes on...but that may just be that I am lying there with her

She has been a great night sleeper...I put her down awake between 8-9pm....she wakes up to nurse between 5:30 and 6:30am.

I am planning on moving her night sleep to her crib this week...am a little apprehensive about that too.

Here is the day so far....I started trying naps in the crib yesterday afternoon...

Any suggestions or help for the afternoon greatly appreciated...

Down for night at 8:15pm
Awake at 6am
Nurses at 6:15am
Back to sleep at 7:15am (on my bed with me)
Wakes at 9am

So a 1 hour 45 minute nap.

Nurses at 9:30am
Activity…wind down around 10:50am…put her in crib awake after 5 mins in rocker…she put herself to sleep 15 mins later.

Asleep in crib by 11:10am…woke up 11:40am….would not go back to sleep

Thus only a 30 minute nap.

…stayed in crib quietly for another 20 mins…until started to cry…rubbing her eyes….tried to get her back to sleep…turned her on her side patted her back…Sshhing…no go….picked her up…calmed her….put her back down…no go still crying and wide awake….then up and calm.
Now it is 12:10pm…almost feeding time.

12:30pm…Nursing...........and is starting to fall asleep at it!!!!!!!! :shock:

Not looking forward to trying to get her to nap there this afternoon...it is usually harder than the morning...

UPDATE: Because she only napped for 30 mins and was falling asleep nursing I put her down in her crib at 1:10...she fell asleep at 1:25pm (I rubbed her head a bit and ssh~ed)

BUT she woke up 5 mins later!!!!!
She started to cry but I managed to calm her...now she is just laying there in her crib some 15 mins later wide awake again and playing about.........

What do you do with that???

Offline jlacey

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 17:00:41 pm »
Well it's 2:15pm and she finally fell asleep on her own without me even in the room... :D

What can I do differently tomorrow to avoid having to spend the whole day trying to do naps?? :cry: