Author Topic: Cant tell what's wrong...  (Read 1170 times)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Cant tell what's wrong...
« on: August 29, 2005, 16:44:51 pm »
How do I know if my baby is upset at teething?

My lo just turned 8 months and was having trouble sleeping yesterday and today.  I dont know what it is but I cant figure out why he's crying.  I gave him tylonel but it didnt help him much.  I look in his mouth but the white bud tooth is still far in his gums.  I tried pick up and put down yesterday night but this got him more upset and then he started coughing and shaking his arms and legs like he was having a seizure!  Is he doing this to  get me to stop PU/PD?  I do anyways and pick him up and start another mini-winddown.  But when we go back to his crib and I lay him down and stay with him, he's calm for 10 min but cant get to sleep.  I try patting his back (even though we havent done that for awhile) but still nothing.  I stop after 30 minutes and then leave the room.  He cries.  I go back in and try PU/PD.   He coughs like he's gagging.  I pick him up and leave the room - couging stops and we begin another mini-windown.  Is my son playing me or is it just the age?

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Cant tell what's wrong...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 17:02:45 pm »
If he has always gone down fairly easy in the past, I would suspect that something is up.  Is he sick at all?  Could he have an ear infection?

If his temperment has changed suddenly, I would first rule out anything medical.

Hope this helps!

Carrie
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com