Author Topic: Nap consistency for 6 months and older  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Travis' Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Nap consistency for 6 months and older
« on: August 29, 2005, 17:07:51 pm »
:(
I have a 6 1/2 month boy who has been sleeping well through the night since 8 weeks.  The problem I am having is his two naps during the day.  They are not consistent and it makes it hard to plan anything or get anything done.  They range from a half hour to two hours.  I am going crazy and am very anxious about this and hold my breath each time he goes down, wondering how long it will be.
Is there any advice on how to get a more stable napping pattern for us?
Thank you
Sheri - Mom to an angel baby

[url=http://lilypie.com]Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80<

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 23:33:53 pm »
Hi there - does he go down for the naps at about the same time each day and is he waking at a consistent time?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Travis' Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 23:43:55 pm »
Yes he does.  He goes down at 8:30am and again at 1:00pm and then down for the night at 6:15pm (working on making it to 6:30pm).  The afternoon nap is usually around 1 1/2 hours but the morning one.....it's anybody's guess.  Thanks.
Sheri - Mom to an angel baby

[url=http://lilypie.com]Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80<

Offline lawnseed

• Lorna, mum to Iona, angel/spirited chatterbox, Eden, spirited delight and Tobias - thinking he's another angel/spirited!!
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:28:17 am »
hello:)
I have a LO who did exactly the same at about 6 1/2 months old. I too ended up wondering what to do, until I saw the sub heading '6-9 months - Riding Out the Inconsistencies' in the BW with the text, some days your baby will take a long nap in the morning, sometimes the afternoon, some days will just drop one out! So if your LO is happy when awake, sounds like he's doing what he should.
One thing I found helpful was to extend the awake time in the morning a bit, which usually means a longer morning nap - my LO had just got used to getting sleepy and could actually stay awake longer - I just did 15 mins later per day until the morning nap started at 930.
Hope you figure it out :)