Author Topic: wakings  (Read 991 times)

Offline hannahandsophie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
wakings
« on: August 29, 2005, 23:14:58 pm »
I was so happy to finally stop feeding my dd (at night) a few weeks ago.  She wasn't hard to train.  But now it seems like she is waking around 3.  I go in and give her her paci back...I guess getting rid of this will be the next step?  She goes back to sleep then wakes again at 5.  I have been feeding her at 5 thinking she must be hungry (last feeding at approx. 7pm the night before) but now I am thinking I need to figure out how to get her to sleep longer without the 5 oclock feeding.  ALso thinking about weaning her off the paci(she only really uses it at night and for naps)...she knows how to find her fingers but seems dependent on the paci anyway.  Any ideas?
Hannah

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
wakings
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 01:29:20 am »
HI there - How old is DD and can you post her EASY routine with naps/feeds?

Thanks
Dee
x

Offline hannahandsophie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
feeling better
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 16:35:46 pm »
Sophie is almost 5 months.  Actually we haven't really been oon much of an EASY schedule, except that we always do things in that order..E then A then S.  I think after reading Tracy's book I really focused on getting her to sleep through the night.  I had it in my mind that the only way I could do that was to make sure she ate a lot during the day, so I basically just made sure to feed her every time she woke up from a nap.  I was keeping track of her schedule, bu still basically letting her decide when to nap(I watched the cues but had no time guidelines).  Reading other postings on the site has helped so much.  I feel like I am back on track with some new goals. Like, eliminate the 5 am feed, which I replaced this morning with about three pat/shh sessions.  I am also thinking I will try getting her on a four hour easy schedule...or as close to it as I can.  I suppose the next step after those is weaning from the paci...eventually. 
Now, I think my major concern is how to have a life when your child is on such a schedule.  Don't get me worng, I LOVE the schedule, I know it will be great for when I go back to work, it will be hlpeful for caregivers and(once I get it to be more predictable) will allow me to have a life...but only in between naps and feedings?  My husband and I are always out and about, especially on weekends.  Last night we talked about the fact that maybe her schedule on weekends will be no schedule, as we may be out during nap times etc.  Any thoughts on that?
Thanks.
Hannah