Author Topic: EASY for 3.5hr feed  (Read 1922 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:45:19 am »
My lo is 10 weeks old, and she is feeding every 3.5hr.  I try to get her to feed every 3 hours but she is not interested.  Has anyone got any EAS plan for 3.5hr please.  Much appreciated if you have.    :)
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 14:39:10 pm »
Hi Corrina

I'm just moving this to the EASY forum, you should get some responses from there.

love
Marie

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 14:48:10 pm »
Does your lo nap well?  You may end up with EASAE because at 10 wks most can't stay awake too long.  Then after waking from nap and more A time then feeding, she may be ready for the next nap a little sooner.  I never found a great EAS balance until the 6th month when my dd's naps improved and she could stay awake longer (2-2.5 hrs).  Just do your best and follow her cues.
Example:
E 7 am
A until she shows sleepy signs (at 10 weeks that may not be long)
S probably will be ready around 8:30 or 9

Also, check the sample schedules in this forum.  I always found great help in those.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 03:10:37 am »
That is perfectly fine  :D   Basically, EASY helps promote independent sleep and a routine.  The times often need to be tweaked a lot to fit your little one - if you aren't feeding her to sleep you are on the right track  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 07:08:27 am »
thanks for the info.  She is now going through a growth spurt and I am feeding every 3 hours so hopefully she'll keep on that schedule.  Fingers crossed.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 17:35:19 pm »
I also have a question about 3.5 hour EASY. My ds usually has his first bottle about 7 am and throughout the day, because of a little longer awake time or a little longer nap, we get off the 3 hour feeding schedule. Sometimes he doesn't seem hungry until 3.5 hours later. Unfortunately, this can make his last bottle pretty late. We have been striving for a bedtime at 8:30 pm, but if he starts the day at 7 amd and feeds every 3.5 hours throughout the day then his last bottle ends up at 9 pm. Any suggestions? It seems to early to make the last bottle be at 5:30 pm. He takes 6 oz. at almost all of his feeds, and feeds 5 times a day. I thought about giving him a little at 5:30 and them a little at 7:30, but then he will not get five full feeds in. Anyway, I would appreciate any advice!

It would work great if he was on 4-hour EASY because then the last bottle would end up at 7 pm. But he is only 11 weeks old and I think it is too soon?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
EASY for 3.5hr feed
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 18:15:59 pm »
What if you tried this:
7, 11:30, 3:00, 6:30, bed when you like, dreamfeed 10.

I used to do something close to that.  I would feed dd around 7, put her to bed at 8, and wake her up at 10 for a feeding, then she'd sleep till 8.  It's normal for him to be hungrier sooner or later during different times of the day.  You could certainly try the cluster feeds.  I'm not sure what Tracy says about them because I never did it, but moms I know are still doing it into the 6th month.

You can vary on feeding your times throughout the day.  The EASY routine is a tool to help your lo set feed/awake/sleep cycles and to learn how to sleep on their own as stated previously.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007