Author Topic: im just starting to implement EASY...after the S phase...  (Read 1409 times)

Offline butterfly524

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
im just starting to implement EASY...after the S phase...
« on: August 30, 2005, 20:41:19 pm »
do you wait for them to be hungry or do you move right into the E phase?  thanks...

rebecca
dd juliet rose
rebecca,
mom to juliet rose
born august 12, 2005

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 00:42:44 am »
The idea with EASY is that you feed pretty much right after waking. But the important thing is that you don't want to feed them to sleep, so even if your lo doesn't seem hungry right when she wakes, as long as there's some space between the E and the S, then you're still ok!  Most moms aim for a feed right away, when they're the most rested - young babies tend to eat better then! 

You also want to make sure that when you feed her, she's getting a full feed - so, not nibbling for 5 minutes then falling asleep. That's where the E AFTER S comes in handy! 

Hope that helps and congrats on Juliet Rose! Feel free to ask any more questions if you have them.  :D
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline amheusser

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 18:47:13 pm »
I think it depends how long she slept.  If it was a 20 min nap and feeding time is an hour away, I'd wait and look for hunger cues; but after a good nap (if you're anywhere near feeding time) I'd feed right away just because they get used to the routine and come to expect it.  She's still tiny, though, so the most important right now is to learn her cues and follow them.
Aubrey
-------------------------------

Offline butterfly524

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 23:51:57 pm »
thanks to both of you for your advice.  i will feed her right after she wakes but its a good point that if it was a short nap  that i should wait!  oh, and i just have to say that my LO soothed herself back to sleep twice today and once yesterday!  it feels so good to see it working and we have only been implementing BW's ideas for a few days!

rebecca
rebecca,
mom to juliet rose
born august 12, 2005

Offline butterfly524

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 00:08:08 am »
i have another question...if i feed her right away how will i know when she is outgrowing any particular feeding?  i assume she will let me know yes?
rebecca,
mom to juliet rose
born august 12, 2005

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 12:38:15 pm »
They don't usually outgrow a feeding per se...more that the feedings all start stretching out.  So you'll likely notice that she can go 3 hrs, then 3.5 most days, then 4...rather than suddenly not want the midafternoon feed, if you see what I mean. This generally happens as they extend their awake time.  They can stay awake longer, still sleep for 1.5-2 hrs for quite a while, so they start going longer between feeds.
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline amheusser

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • West Michigan
    • Logos Academy
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 12:38:53 pm »
If she's not interested, she'll fidget & fuss instead of settling down to eat, and when you try again an hour later she'll start easily.  I wouldn't worry about dropping any just yet, though!
Aubrey
-------------------------------