Author Topic: How to establish a schedule when going to babysitter?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Jrolph

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
How to establish a schedule when going to babysitter?
« on: August 31, 2005, 01:30:29 am »
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how everyone established a good schedule when they started taking their little ones to a babysitter.  I am trying to get my DS ready for when I go back to work in a couple months and I would like to get somethings ironed out.  First of all, do most of you working moms feed your lo before you leave for the day or does your daycare provider do it for you??    My DS's schedule is currently like this:

7:30-8:00  Wake up play
8:30-9:00  Solids
9:30-10:00  BF and Nap
11:30-12:00 Wake up a play
12:30-1:00  Lunch (Solids)
1:30-2:00 BF
2:30-3:00 Nap
4:30-5:00 Wake up BF
5:30-6:00 Supper
7:30 BF and wind down for Bed

My DS still wakes up in the middle of the night to eat and I will feed him if he wakes at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning to get him to sleep a little longer that is why I don't usually BF him as soon as he wakes up.  I am wondering if I should start transitioning him back to BF right after he wakes up so that my schedule doesn't go off so badly.  But when I think about doing this I wonder if it is worth it since he will be getting more nutrition from solids shortly and he will be having solids when he wakes up anyway.  I am really confused as to what I should do.  I don't know if I should offer solids first thing in the morning  and then breastfed after or what.  I always breast fed before his afternoon nap because he stays up for 3 hours and if I don't feed him before then he wakes up early from his nap because he is hungry.  I guess I would also like to see other peoples posts of what their schedules are like for a 9 month old.  THis is really confusing and I guess I am pretty lost.

Thanks for listening and any help would really be appreciated.

Jen

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:38:55 am »
If Isom doesn't eat b/4 daycare, they feed him for me.  So almost always. :)   Here's Isom's schedule:

Wake about 6 or 6.30
E 7.15 solids and bottle at 9.00
S somewhere between 9.30 or 10.30 sometimes 2 hours, sometimes one
E 12.00 solids, 2.00 bottle
S between 2 or 4, depending on wake up time from first nap. If a.m. nap
    is long, then p.m. nap is short and vice versa.
E 5.00 solids
bath at 6
bottle
bed by 8 at the latest

If you have a good eater, do first (solids or milk) whatever works best for ya'll.  I can't help w/ the bf.  Isom's been on Isomil since two weeks old.

HTH
Crystal

lil'monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:51:19 am »
As dd will be with my mom in a month, here's what I've been doing for several weeks ( just to get her used to her 2nd home)

6 - 6:30 wake and bottle 7-8 oz (quicker than solids)
7:30 leave for mom's ( 20 min drive on a good day)
8:30 solids (30 min later bottle)
9:30-11 nap
12 solids (mostly finger foods as dd rejects puree now)
1 bottle
2 -3:30 nap
4 solids ( 30 min later bottle)
5 I drive her home
6:45 bath & bottle
7:30 bed

Since dd's decrease in solids and the long drive I needed to add the extra bottle.  While doing a trial run, I got stuck in traffic and having a crying hungry baby is NOT very pleasant. 

Depending on how much time you have b/w wake up and leaving the house, you can do either/or.  Most daycares have set times for eating and sleeping, so if you think that your lo can't wait for them to feed him, then I would feed him first.  BTW b/c of dd awake times of 3 hrs before naps, I have to feed her or she will wake up early from hunger.  I think taht by this age, EASY is pretty much thrown out the window!

Offline Jrolph

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 11:59:48 am »
Thank you for all of your replies it has really helped me to see what everyone else is doing.  When my DS went to solids and staying awake longer I started feeding him before his naps because I didn't want him to wake early from naps.  I have decided to try feeding him solids first thing when he wakes up so his schedule is going to look like this.

7:30  Wake
8:00 Breakfast (Solids)
9:00  BF and Nap
11:00 Wake
12:00 Lunch (Solids)
2:00 BF and Nap
4:00 Wake and quick BF for snack
5:30-6:00 Supper (Solids)
6:30-7:00 Bath and PJ's
7:30 BF and Bed

I tried this yesterday and it worked pretty well so I will see how things go.  When I go back to work I think that I will feed him right after he wakes up and he can have his milk at the babysitters.  He isn't a big breakfast eater and Iwas really hoping to keep the morning and night feeds for a little while but I might have to wean sooner unfortunately.  If I breastfed him in the morning when he wakes up he isn't hungry enough to eat breakfast before his next nap and it is a fight and a waste of preparing something for him to eat.  I would also like to have him fed before I take him to the babysitters.  I am really sad about possibly having to wean early but I guess the day is going to come when I won't be breastfeeding so I might as well get used the idea.  When DH and I have another child I won't be returning to work so I will be able to continue breastfeeding longer.  I think I have some anxiety about returning to work too and leaving my DS so that probably isn't helping either.

Thanks for the help
Jen